We wrap up Squid Game season one and dish out trivia, wild theories, and predictions for season two. Guest: Roboseyo Twitter: https://twitter.com/roboseyo https://youtu.be/0Xxvh-RjqzI --Please Follow-- Podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/960226 Twitter:...
Accidentally Omitted | SeoulPodcast #183
Guest: Shawn Morrissey (The Dark Side of Seoul Podcast) https://darksideofseoul.com/podcast
Shawn Morrissey (The Dark Side of Seoul Podcast) joins us to discuss foreign teachers being omitted from vaccination lists. Plus these amusing and sometimes hair-pulling stories:
- The K-gov again not anticipating things, like the Delta variant
- And that there are more 55-59-year-olds than there are vaccines
- Does a car-bound protest violate social distancing protesting rules?
- CNBC praises a 26-year-old ESL teacher for saving money on her meager salary
- Movers move the wrong apartment
- BTS accidentally promotes American butter instead of Korean food
- SM Entertainment warns stans to not be STANS
- A very racist Masterclass
Join us in the chat for LIVE recordings on Thursdays or Fridays at 7:30 p.m. (KST) by subscribing to our YouTube Channel.
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
- Teachers being dropped from vaccination lists? https://www.facebook.com/groups/537368577187946/permalink/892373761687424/
KDCA on some foreigners not being able to reserve vaccine: “Foreigners who have an ARC (Alien Registration Card) can reserve vaccine same as Korean nationals. But names are processed as initially registered for ARC” In other words, take out the spaces & look closely at card.— Laura Bicker (@BBCLBicker) July 16, 2021
- “There was no need to worry too much about the Delta variant as its infection rate was very low at the time.”
- ‘Vaccine hopes shattered’: First day of sign-up ends in disappointment for many Koreans
- “There’s a pattern to be noticed here — our leaders keep denying and refuse to acknowledge the signals until it is too late.”
- Hard-hit small-business owners take to the streets over COVID rules
- How a 26-year-old expat in Seoul, South Korea lives on $24,000 a year | What’s not said: Salaries were the same 15 years ago despite inflation. And if she stayed until she was 36 years old–same salary. No raise. No promotion. No growth.
- Movers move the wrong apartment https://www.facebook.com/groups/everyexpatinkorea/permalink/10158007020921696/
- American Butter Institute praise BTS for spreading awareness https://buff.ly/3AZ1iCd
- SM Entertainment warns fans their inappropriate actions will not be tolerated
- Yeah, um, those remarks were some serious Archie Bunkers | ‘#BoycottZukerman’ spreads online after master violinist’s offensive remarks against Asians