More Inside Tales of Korea’s Music & Broadcasting Industries
Please support the show
About This Episode
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
The conversation with Young Kim gets deep and personal. We say stuff that may bite us in the butt.
- How much did Young Kim make during his whole singing career?
- Why is now a good time for entertainers?
- Why Korean Millennials are South Korea’s great hope to preserve the past.
- Old guys complaining about young ‘uns on YouTube
- How no one can make a career in Korean broadcasting
- The rise and fall of foreign celebrities in Korean media
- The cultural differences between Arirang, EBS, and TBS eFM
- Dealing with trolls in broadcasting
- When away from Rome, don’t do what the Romans do
- How COVID-19 is making us grow
- Run-ins with celebrities in the Korean entertainment industry–and Hulk Hogan
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
An Englishman Outside Korea A Korean politician and hack reporter have decided to go after another famous foreigner, trying to cater to the Korean public’s envy monster. This time it’s YouTuber Korean Englishman 영국남자. What nefarious deed has he committed? And how has...
One of our greatest fears–a fire broke out in a high rise apartment building. And no one was killed. This news PLUS an outed North Korean diplomat/refugee and Korea’s controversial and overdue abortion law changes.
A South Korean fisheries official was lost at sea, floating in North Korea. He was found, shot, and burned. We discuss this WTF moment in the land we call, “Korea.”