More Inside Tales of Korea’s Music & Broadcasting Industries
Please support the show
About This Episode
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
The conversation with Young Kim gets deep and personal. We say stuff that may bite us in the butt.
- How much did Young Kim make during his whole singing career?
- Why is now a good time for entertainers?
- Why Korean Millennials are South Korea’s great hope to preserve the past.
- Old guys complaining about young ‘uns on YouTube
- How no one can make a career in Korean broadcasting
- The rise and fall of foreign celebrities in Korean media
- The cultural differences between Arirang, EBS, and TBS eFM
- Dealing with trolls in broadcasting
- When away from Rome, don’t do what the Romans do
- How COVID-19 is making us grow
- Run-ins with celebrities in the Korean entertainment industry–and Hulk Hogan
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
Guest: Sean Lim (The Seoulite) Get out your needles. Wet your tongues. Sean Lim joins us and tugs his weight in talking about Squid Game episodes 3 and 4. --Please Follow-- Website: https://seoulpodcast.com Podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/960226 Twitter:...
Guest: Michael Hurt (Translator for “The Host”) We talk about the first two episodes of the hit Netflix series “Squid Game.” Our guest Michael Hurt (Translator for “The Host”) discusses issues in translating and subtitling. https://youtu.be/2ZQZEgjU5FA --Please...
Mad Cow. Sewol. Celebrity Bullying. Fan Death. Korea’s news industry is prolific, but the most common observation from international journalists working with South Korean media is its lack of professionalism and ethics. The ruling party is about to pass an...