More Inside Tales of Korea’s Music & Broadcasting Industries
Please support the show
About This Episode
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
The conversation with Young Kim gets deep and personal. We say stuff that may bite us in the butt.
- How much did Young Kim make during his whole singing career?
- Why is now a good time for entertainers?
- Why Korean Millennials are South Korea’s great hope to preserve the past.
- Old guys complaining about young ‘uns on YouTube
- How no one can make a career in Korean broadcasting
- The rise and fall of foreign celebrities in Korean media
- The cultural differences between Arirang, EBS, and TBS eFM
- Dealing with trolls in broadcasting
- When away from Rome, don’t do what the Romans do
- How COVID-19 is making us grow
- Run-ins with celebrities in the Korean entertainment industry–and Hulk Hogan
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
Guest: Shawn Morrissey (The Dark Side of Seoul Podcast) https://darksideofseoul.com/podcast Shawn Morrissey (The Dark Side of Seoul Podcast) joins us to discuss foreign teachers being omitted from vaccination lists. Plus these amusing and sometimes hair-pulling...
The Seoulite’s Sean Lim joins us for our first ever mukbang while regaling us with his stories of suing the Korean government and his journeys as an expat entrepreneur in Korea. https://youtu.be/QqpEn_zQI8U Sean Lim is the founder of The Seoulite blog ...
Other advanced countries have thriving immigrant communities that support each other. Where is that community in Korea?