More Inside Tales of Korea’s Music & Broadcasting Industries
Please support the show
About This Episode
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
The conversation with Young Kim gets deep and personal. We say stuff that may bite us in the butt.
- How much did Young Kim make during his whole singing career?
- Why is now a good time for entertainers?
- Why Korean Millennials are South Korea’s great hope to preserve the past.
- Old guys complaining about young ‘uns on YouTube
- How no one can make a career in Korean broadcasting
- The rise and fall of foreign celebrities in Korean media
- The cultural differences between Arirang, EBS, and TBS eFM
- Dealing with trolls in broadcasting
- When away from Rome, don’t do what the Romans do
- How COVID-19 is making us grow
- Run-ins with celebrities in the Korean entertainment industry–and Hulk Hogan
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
We wrap up Squid Game season one and dish out trivia, wild theories, and predictions for season two. Guest: Roboseyo Twitter: https://twitter.com/roboseyo https://youtu.be/0Xxvh-RjqzI --Please Follow-- Podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/960226 Twitter:...
https://youtu.be/VBYI2h7mfQs We re-examine the VIP script and acting. We go between heartbreaking deaths and satisfying deaths. PLUS nitpicking the food in the angry competitive steak eating scene. --Please Follow-- Website: https://seoulpodcast.com Podcast:...
https://youtu.be/5lk9gt0ip6g Actor Daniel Kennedy (VIP #2) talks about the fun they had on the set of Squid Game and why foreign actors on Korean media sound odd (it’s not what you think). --Please Follow-- Podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/960226 Twitter:...