Gyeonggi Foreigner Problem?
Gyeonggi Province is requiring ALL FOREIGNERS to get COVID-19 tests by March 22nd or face fines. Is this for the public good or security theater? Why all foreigners and why only foreigners? How does this contribute to Korea’s history of labeling foreigners as diseased?
The LH scandal
The amazing award-winning film “Minari”
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
Administrative Order for Corona 19 Diagnosis Test for Foreign Workers and Employers with Foreigners
COVID-19 clusters in factory dormitories in Namyangju
- Haphazard communication
- No clear lines if it’s all foreigners or foreigners working in certain industries
- Employers are responsible for communication, but workers bear brunt of punishment
- How do they know?
- Is this a public health strategy or a PR strategy?
- A history of image before substance — Appear to do something without actually doing something — It’s all for show
- Are they also testing Korean workers at those facilities?
- Are Korean family members of foreign workers required to be tested?
- Gyeonggi’s defense
- They have tested Coupang centers and churches, too
- Recent history of oopsies with foreigners this past year
- Free masks campaign
- Financial support campaign
- Each time they were brought to task, they used the excuse that they weren’t aware–that they didn’t mean to do it. And now they’ve done it again!
- The foreign community is uniquely sensitive to disease-related discrimination
- AIDS requirement that went to the Human Rights Council
- 2009 H1N1 Swine Flu
- News programs and articles about diseased foreigners
- Itaewon in May
We wrap up Squid Game season one and dish out trivia, wild theories, and predictions for season two. Guest: Roboseyo Twitter: https://twitter.com/roboseyo https://youtu.be/0Xxvh-RjqzI --Please Follow-- Podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/960226 Twitter:...
https://youtu.be/VBYI2h7mfQs We re-examine the VIP script and acting. We go between heartbreaking deaths and satisfying deaths. PLUS nitpicking the food in the angry competitive steak eating scene. --Please Follow-- Website: https://seoulpodcast.com Podcast:...
https://youtu.be/5lk9gt0ip6g Actor Daniel Kennedy (VIP #2) talks about the fun they had on the set of Squid Game and why foreign actors on Korean media sound odd (it’s not what you think). --Please Follow-- Podcast: https://www.buzzsprout.com/960226 Twitter:...