Expats in Cars Getting Egg Sandwiches
Driving in Korea
Tim and Joe try again to find that mythical Burger King drive-thru. Will they find it? Find out here!
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
About This Episode
While finding the BK, we talk about the following:
- Drive-thrus being a fairly new concept in South Korea and why
- How restaurants and other businesses in Korea (mostly) didn’t close during COVID-19
- “Parasite” and Bong Joon-ho’s foreigner issue and why you shouldn’t try to curse in a foreign language
- Covid 19 in korea and the second wave and comparing and contrasting how korea never shut down restaurants or hair shops.
- Latest suicide of the Seoul mayor since the last suicide we talked about. 22yr old athlete.
- Koreans being allowed to fly into EU but not Americans.
- TikTok fined W186 million in S. Korea over privacy issue
- Negative COVID-19 test results required for arrivals from two more countries
Why not the U.S. and Brazil?
April brings beautiful cherry blossoms balanced with the echoing speaker blasts of election campaigns. As with previous elections, this one is full of oddities but also with some hope.
Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig have been held for two years by China as political pawns. Spavor been part of Seoul’s dynamic community. How will this be resolved?
Seoul and Gyeonggi Province required all foreigners to get COVID-19 tests then not sure then sure then backtracked–sort of? We discuss this really weird week in South Korea-Foreigner relations.