Doing the News in Korea
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
Please support the show
About This Episode
News anchor Emma Kalka joins the show to share the happy accidents that led to her being the “Voice of KBS WORLD.”
- How to break into Korean English-language broadcasting and journalism.
- How does one produce an event magazine during COVID-19 when most events are cancelled?
- Where to find live indie music in Seoul.
- Getting drunk while watching Hamilton
- The Studio HBC
- Saturday nights
- Reactions to the suicide of Mayor Park Won-soon
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
An Englishman Outside Korea A Korean politician and hack reporter have decided to go after another famous foreigner, trying to cater to the Korean public’s envy monster. This time it’s YouTuber Korean Englishman 영국남자. What nefarious deed has he committed? And how has...
One of our greatest fears–a fire broke out in a high rise apartment building. And no one was killed. This news PLUS an outed North Korean diplomat/refugee and Korea’s controversial and overdue abortion law changes.
A South Korean fisheries official was lost at sea, floating in North Korea. He was found, shot, and burned. We discuss this WTF moment in the land we call, “Korea.”