Doing the News in Korea
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
Please support the show
About This Episode
News anchor Emma Kalka joins the show to share the happy accidents that led to her being the “Voice of KBS WORLD.”
- How to break into Korean English-language broadcasting and journalism.
- How does one produce an event magazine during COVID-19 when most events are cancelled?
- Where to find live indie music in Seoul.
- Getting drunk while watching Hamilton
- The Studio HBC
- Saturday nights
- Reactions to the suicide of Mayor Park Won-soon
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
Japan will be releasing water from the Fukushima nuclear power plant into the ocean. Are you ready? Korea sure isn’t. Join us in our talk about the latest K-Tantrum.
April brings beautiful cherry blossoms balanced with the echoing speaker blasts of election campaigns. As with previous elections, this one is full of oddities but also with some hope.
Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig have been held for two years by China as political pawns. Spavor been part of Seoul’s dynamic community. How will this be resolved?