Doing the News in Korea
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
Please support the show
About This Episode
News anchor Emma Kalka joins the show to share the happy accidents that led to her being the “Voice of KBS WORLD.”
- How to break into Korean English-language broadcasting and journalism.
- How does one produce an event magazine during COVID-19 when most events are cancelled?
- Where to find live indie music in Seoul.
- Getting drunk while watching Hamilton
- The Studio HBC
- Saturday nights
- Reactions to the suicide of Mayor Park Won-soon
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
When will the Korean government move the COVID precautions to Level 3? Emma has inside speculations on when it may happen and why it’s taking so long. PLUS the ongoing drama of the Justice Ministry vs. the Prosecutors. And you thought the 2020 American politics were cray-cray.
The Third Wave is here! Emma and Joe update on the latest COVID-19 clusters in Korea. PLUS lots of transportation news.
The Seoul government is aggressively pushing bars to “voluntarily” close on Halloween. This sounds logical, but we all know that there is a weird story behind it.