Doing the News in Korea
Support us on Patreon to get more goodies
Please support the show
About This Episode
News anchor Emma Kalka joins the show to share the happy accidents that led to her being the “Voice of KBS WORLD.”
- How to break into Korean English-language broadcasting and journalism.
- How does one produce an event magazine during COVID-19 when most events are cancelled?
- Where to find live indie music in Seoul.
- Getting drunk while watching Hamilton
- The Studio HBC
- Saturday nights
- Reactions to the suicide of Mayor Park Won-soon
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
Tim and Joe try again to find that mythical Burger King drive-thru. Will they find it? Find out here!
Expats in Cars Eating Burger King Driving in Korea Timothy SunWe try something new this time. A “Driving in Korea” episode with a guest. Timothy Sun and I talk about fast food in Korea, being an Korean adoptee and what really makes them angry, Korea’s suicide issues....
The Korea expat internet is blowing up over an expat woman chastising a Korean father because his four-year-old said, “Hi,” to her. I’m sure there’s more to this story.