Samsung Rising (2 of 2): How Samsung Took a Bite Out of Apple | Author Geoffrey Cain
Guest: Geoffrey Cain
author of Samsung Rising
Please support the show
About This Episode
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
- Did Samsung outright copy Apple’s iPhone in the beginning?
- How is it better to be a “challenger brand” <–every marketing student should study this
- Did the U.S. Supreme Court really rule in Samsung’s favor?
- How did Samsung surpass Apple in features and in marketing?
- The Samsung scandal that put the latest CEO in jail.
The anti-semitic campaign Korean media used to protect Samsung
South Korea announced that residents who have been vaccinated inside the country don’t need to quarantine for two weeks when they enter the country. Is this the progress we’ve been waiting for?
PLUS–Inside poop on why F-2-7 visa holders can no longer own businesses.
Fugitive astrophysicist Annie Ko is one half of Love X Stereo, along with former punk rocker Toby Hwang, the Seoul electro rock duo’s dreamy kaleidoscope of stellar synthpop anthems have enraptured music festival audiences across Asia, Europe, and North America.
Japan will be releasing water from the Fukushima nuclear power plant into the ocean. Are you ready? Korea sure isn’t. Join us in our talk about the latest K-Tantrum.