Samsung Rising (2 of 2): How Samsung Took a Bite Out of Apple | Author Geoffrey Cain
Guest: Geoffrey Cain
author of Samsung Rising
Please support the show
About This Episode
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
- Did Samsung outright copy Apple’s iPhone in the beginning?
- How is it better to be a “challenger brand” <–every marketing student should study this
- Did the U.S. Supreme Court really rule in Samsung’s favor?
- How did Samsung surpass Apple in features and in marketing?
- The Samsung scandal that put the latest CEO in jail.
The anti-semitic campaign Korean media used to protect Samsung
April brings beautiful cherry blossoms balanced with the echoing speaker blasts of election campaigns. As with previous elections, this one is full of oddities but also with some hope.
Michael Spavor and Michael Kovrig have been held for two years by China as political pawns. Spavor been part of Seoul’s dynamic community. How will this be resolved?
Seoul and Gyeonggi Province required all foreigners to get COVID-19 tests then not sure then sure then backtracked–sort of? We discuss this really weird week in South Korea-Foreigner relations.