Samsung Rising (2 of 2): How Samsung Took a Bite Out of Apple | Author Geoffrey Cain
Guest: Geoffrey Cain
author of Samsung Rising
Please support the show
About This Episode
Join our Patreon for just $5 to receive early episodes, archive episodes going back to 2008, unedited versions of longer episodes, and lots of other goodies.
- Did Samsung outright copy Apple’s iPhone in the beginning?
- How is it better to be a “challenger brand” <–every marketing student should study this
- Did the U.S. Supreme Court really rule in Samsung’s favor?
- How did Samsung surpass Apple in features and in marketing?
- The Samsung scandal that put the latest CEO in jail.
The anti-semitic campaign Korean media used to protect Samsung
An Englishman Outside Korea A Korean politician and hack reporter have decided to go after another famous foreigner, trying to cater to the Korean public’s envy monster. This time it’s YouTuber Korean Englishman 영국남자. What nefarious deed has he committed? And how has...
One of our greatest fears–a fire broke out in a high rise apartment building. And no one was killed. This news PLUS an outed North Korean diplomat/refugee and Korea’s controversial and overdue abortion law changes.
A South Korean fisheries official was lost at sea, floating in North Korea. He was found, shot, and burned. We discuss this WTF moment in the land we call, “Korea.”