Access Your PC from Anywhere with GoToMyPC. Try it FREE for 30 days! www.GoToMyPC.com/podcast
Minerva Investment Group. We’re always right, so we’re in jail. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?
Tony Hellman (Association for Teachers of English in Korea), Stafford Lumsden (The Chosun Bimbo)
Can foreign English teachers seriously organize and counter the hagwon associations to balance the market?
Introduction to the Severance Payment Under Korean Labor Law
NEWS AND STUFF
As Economy Worsens, Gambling Soars in Korea
The Chosun Does It Again
Gruesome death porn
Suspect Arrested in Murder of Gunpo College Student
Will the Real Minerva Please Stand Up?
Prosecutors say Mr. Park used his home computer. But experts say that since he was not a person engaged in internet commerce and paying considerable sums for a static IP address he would have been using a dynamic IP. That is one reason for doubt that Mr. Park is the true Minerva and that his IP address could have been manipulated.
South Korea Loan-Deposit Ratio not 100 Percent
New 50,000-Won Notes
50,000-Won Banknote to Be Issued in May
THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO WHAA?
A time for family.
Interesting take on how Korean families try to find ways to avoid reunions
Under Valued? Fairly Valued?
What’s the biggest problem in Korea? The branding, of course!
We’re way past regular bole and into hyperbole.
Disabled Koreans Using Internet to Find Sexual Comfort, Creepy Guys
Adult Friend Finder blocked in South Korea
Dropout Teens Imprison Friend, Force Her to Do Tricks
Biracial Children Accepted, Shunned by Classmates
Ask a Korean! News: Racism Starts Early
Korean top celebrity’s cell phone gets hacked
G.O.D.’s Friend Managed by the Devil
War Breaks Out Amongst Korean Pop Fans, Casualties Not Out of the Question
K-pop anti-fans and other hyphenated-words
‘Restricted Screening’ Ruled Unconstitutional, Korean Films to Get Racier
Lee Mi-yeong Secretly Married, Divorced American Professor
Donation angel Moon Geun-young strikes again
Hangeul books for Korean children? Another communist plot?
Korean Blogger’s Take on Korean TV Dramas
[Double Take] Goo Hye-sun is a hamburger
Notes for Korean TV Production: (Gord Sellar)
- Brown-skinned people are either poor children with hearts of gold or scary witch-doctor/fortune-teller types, which is natural since brown-skinned people are all poor and have inborn magical abilities.
- No other brown-skinned local people besides poor children and scary witch-doctor/fortune-teller types should be included in shots. If they absolutely must do so, have them appear for no more than one second at a time, and in the background.
- Have your Korean characters talk to the few local brown-skinned people who appear onscreen in English only when they apparently cannot speak English; have the same characters speak primarily in long, fast Korean phrases when they meet a brown-skinned local who can speak English. Don’t worry, since brown-skinned people are magical they can (somehow) understand much of what is being said in Korean.
- Make sure to include some white chicks, and dress them in bikinis whenever possible, even if everyone else is fully dressed in long pants/skirts and long-sleeved flowery shirts.
- Include some Korean boys, and dress them in outfits that look like a cross between Korean girls’ clothing, disco and early 80s singers’ outfits, and the clothing of Joey Jeremiah circa 1990 (pic here, but your eyes will bleed). Make sure they look bored on holiday in [unspecified warm country full of brown-skinned people], just as Joey did in school.
- Include some Korean girls, and dress the most sympathetic character as a cross between Strawberry Shortcake and your average agashi (ie. single girl). (Contrary to popular expat belief, there are some differences between the two. Strawberry Shortcake never wore high heels, for example.)
- Include plenty of stock footage of random islands and stuff because tourism is what the young people like these days.
Poisonous Fish Testicles Send 7 Japanese Diners to Hospital
Japanese Diner’s Catastrophe Leads to Important Scientific Discovery About Squid Reproduction
NOTE: Don’t let an octopus come in your mouth. Not until he buys you dinner first.
Interview with Korea Beat’s Nathan Schwartzman
Our First Photo Book!
Feetman Seoul is coming out with a book
Get Ready for The Seoul Fashion Report!
The Promoting Begins…
Mark Russell starts promoting his book, “Pop Goes Korea”
Doucheburns Goes Downtown
The lightning rod returns!
Classic sock commenter that was the subject of a story in a recently published book has resurfaced
TIME WASTERS OF THE WEEK
3 Alley Pub
Korean Holidays, or a lack thereof.
Gostiny Dvor: Russian Food in Seoul.
Bad Signs: Black Uncle Cheesecake
Coffee War Begins in Korea
McCafe trying to convince Koreans that “cheap can be good.”
In Videos: Personal Ramen Noodle Cup Vending Machine
FlavorWave Oven® Turbo – Thane USA
Buy Us a Beer
(those who have given us swag)
Life of the Party
(those who have donated at least $20)
(those who have bought us beers)
Ex-Pat Living (The Korea Herald)
ESL Planet Recruiting
Sunday, February 1st at 4 p.m.
Panelists: Stephanie White and more
Topic: The Dark Side of Korea–Expat Tragedies and Cover Ups
Wednesday, February 4th at 10 p.m.
Panelists: Robert Koehler (The Marmot’s Hole), Bart Schaneman (The Korea Herald), “Skinny” Steve Ward (Seoul Steves)
Main Theme — Ben McPherson – “2wksnyc”
News — satya – “Silk Route Album Mix”
Things That Make You Go Whaa? — cjacks – “Candyland”
Job of the Week — Bit Rationale – “Orthodox Pleasure”
ExPat Community — Deyo – “Retro90210fun”
Time Wasters of the Week — EV Boyz – “Kickin’ It in Geumchon”